Maventeq Systems Limited – Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Evaluate Production Facilities / Flow-line engineering drawings & design with respect to electrical & instrumentation architecture and systems, installation, layout and drawings, materials take-off.
- Carries out electrical & instrumentation engineering studies on projects
- Specifies electrical & instrumentation engineering materials for projects.
- Evaluate Production Facilities / Flow-line engineering drawings & design with respect to electrical/Instrumentation architecture and systems, installation, layout and drawings, materials take-off.
- Effective and timely delivery of electrical/instrumentation technical deliverables.
- Ensure all generated electrical/instrumentation deliverables meet acceptable quality.
- Verify electrical/instrumentation engineering and design deliverables comply with COMPANY general specifications and applicable project electrical/instrumentation specifications.
- Supervise Engineering contractors.
- Develop design of integrated electrical systems (Electrical design basis, Transformers, short circuit current, load sharing, load shedding single line diagrams, cable sizing)
- Carries out preliminary, basic, and detailed facilities engineering studies / design in-house
- Prepares requisitions for Electrical & Instrumentation materials procurement and technical bids evaluation.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, specs and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Interfaces with Procurement Dept, Project & Construction department & Field Ops (Electrical/Instrumentation) for engineering related issues
- Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards, and TOTALENERGIES General Specifications.
- Prepares electrical & instrumentation deliverables such as single line diagrams. electrical design calculations such as cable sizing calculations. lighting calculations, load flow analysis, motor starting analysis etc., specifications for electrical materials, Instrument List, I/O List, Instrument Cable schedule. Instrument Hook-Up diagram, Junction Box wiring diagram, Loop Drawing, Instrument & JB Location Layout, Instrument MTOs, etc.
- Prepares layout drawings such as cable routings (Electrical & Instrument). lighting layouts. earthing layout etc.
- Prepares CFT for Electrical/Instrumentation engineering activities and relevant technical evaluation.
- Coordinates with JV & DW for integration of new electrical/instrumentation systems in existing facilities.
- Provides electrical/instrumentation engineering discipline support/supervision on project Construction activities.
- Work location based in Port Harcourt. Sites: Production sites Onshore, Offshore and Deepwater.
- Follows-up Purchase Orders to ensure timely approval. conformity of design & participates in reviews and FAT of electrical/Instrumentation equipment such as switchboards, distribution panels. transformers, electric motors etc. with Vendors
- Checks, comments diligently and approves Electrical/Instrumentation engineering deliverables received from OEMs and makes sure that comments are incorporated in revised documentation.
- Checks that the design is developed in line with the Pre-Project studies and the Statement of Requirements
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc./B.Eng. (Electrical Engineering) with 5-10 years’ experience in an Engineering Organization (oil and gas related) in a similar design position. NSE/COREN Membership required
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work in a diverse team of professionals.
- Individual must be adaptable and proactive, with a methodical mindset.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Use of MS Suit: MS word, MS excel, MS PowerPoint mandatory. Working knowledge of IEC Standards and most common international standards. Knowledge of ETAP, SPI, In-tools and PDMS is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted
Application Deadline 27th January, 2023.